Monday, February 25, 2008

15 Years

Today is our 15th Anniversary. It's amazing to think it's been that long and even more amazing to look back on our incredible journey. We have lived in Louisville, Colorado; Thousand Oaks, California; Erie, Colorado; Burke, Virginia; Carencro, Louisiana; Arlington, Virginia and now for what will hopefully be the last time: Erie, Colorado. We haven't loved all of these places but they all have one special thing in common: we made amazing friends along the way. As much as I loved moving around, it was always hard to pick up and leave new friends. Sometimes it was a mixed blessing because we were going back to old friends but still...it was hard.

We had a wonderful morning, my DH is amazing and is so sentimental. He had made a playlist on his Ipod and brought it in with speakers this morning to play when I woke up. Included were:

There is Love - Peter, Paul & Mary. This song was played at our wedding. We even had a pirated version of it on a cassette tape because the album was no longer printed. Thanks to Itunes we have a new copy.

Okay, don't laugh at this one: Bohemian Rhapsody - yes, the Queen song from Wayne's World. It's one of Dick's fave songs and one he made me dance to our wedding!!! It cracks me up just to listen to it.

Have I Told You Lately - Rod Stewart - this became our song as soon as he released it. Through the years, any time it comes on the radio, I try to call D wherever he is and it always makes me tear up.

Come What May - Nicole Kidman And Ewan McGregor from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack - this is one of our fave movies and this song is beautiful. He was so sweet to include it this morning.

Needless to say, I cried all morning...that's big ole sentimental me!!!

Here's a pic of pic from February 25, 1993. We got married in our house in Louisville, Colorado with 9 of our closest friends "witnessing". We had just moved to Colorado and really didn't know that many people here. The interesting thing is that no one who attended our wedding that night still lives here in Colorado. Anyway, this is us with my mom and dad. Another interesting point, mom and I were both redheads at the time...now we are both blondes again...like mother, like daughter..tee hee.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com