Monday, March 3, 2008

Crazy Weather and Random Thoughts

This is my favorite time of year in Colorado. It's winter but it's almost spring. Saturday, it was 75 degrees, beautifully sunny....a day you just can't help but be outside. But...how quickly Mother Nature reminds us who is in charge. I woke up Sunday morning at 4:30 a.m. and it sounded like a hurricane outside...I actually went out outside to make sure that my patio furniture wasn't flying around. It was fine but I woke up again at 6:30 a.m. and there was snow on the ground. The weather stayed yucky (that's a technical weather term) for the rest of the day so Kimi and I stayed in. Sad to say but I never got out of my jammies. I read part of the book that should have been Book #2 for February (okay, I'm 3 days behind...but I did read 3 books in January so I'm even for the yar) and I watched almost every single episode of Dexter, a new Showtime series.

Sunday morning snow:


Monday morning sunshine


I'm finding it tough to blog every day....I started this blog as a fun way to share current stuff with friends and family who aren't near us. It's turned into a journal of sorts and I find it hard sometimes to find stuff to write about. One of my major blog goals was that I only wanted my blog to reflect positive things. I don't want it to be annoyed or angry or irritated...I want it to reflect the positive things that are happening in our life. Some days I'm just not "feeling" it. This has been a tough two weeks. D has been gone over a week now and over the weekend...it always is hard when he's gone that long. I get very lonely and very sad. But...this blog isn't about lonely and sad...it's about the good things that go on in our lives....because I do believe that if you focus on the positive, the negative works itself out. So...with that said. I've been struggling for a couple of weeks now with the work thing...do I want to go back to work full time??? Am I bored? What do I want to be when I grow up? Well...you know what?? I don't need to know today what I want to be...what I do know for certain is that it's been a long winter...the lack of skiing has been disappointing but on the positive side...we had an awesome two weeks in Paris, we had a week in Mexico, we're about to spend two weeks in Tuscany and a week in Key West......so who can complain. Dick has been gone alot but on the positive side...I've had Kimi to keep me company and keep me on my toes...she is such a sweet puppy and makes me laugh every single day!!! And I have great friends and neighbors who keep me company and keep me laughing. One of the things I am especially thankful for is my group of friends..they are a crazy, diverse group of women...some neighbors, some running partners, some old friends who keep me sane!

And now spring is right around the corner and you know what (1) so what if we don't ski this year...we live here, we can ski next year (2) so what if I don't know what I want to do when I grown up...I'm not that old...there's always tomorrow.

One of my very best friends from high school (KK) has a daughter that's getting married this weekend...ugh...I can still remember KK's wedding like it was yesterday. She was madly in love and still is...and I only hope that her daughter is as wonderfully, passionately in love as her mom and dad are!!!
Ooh, on to much lighter things!! Sister is coming in this weekend...woohooo.....can't wait. There will be lots of pictures to share...I promise!! I'm still not sure what we're gonna be doing but whatever it is...we'll be together AND we'll be having loads of fun.

On the Kimi note, I swear she grows every day...here's a couple of new pics. Can you believe how big she is??? This is her cute little puppy tummy...she really loves her bed although it's only a napping "bed" since she has a nice king sized bed to curl up into at night.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com