Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Exciting Life of a Stay At Home Dog Mom

To my loyal followers (all 2 of you)...I apologize for not being around for the last week. Truth be told, if I got on my computer in the morning, I wouldn't get off until afternoon so I'm trying not to spend too much time on here. Maybe once the winter finally shows up here and the days are short, I might have more time to hang out. Life here is about the same...we went to dinner Saturday night with Randy & Meri then spent a disappointing afternoon at the Broncos game on Sunday. Monday I went to the movies with Sally and her mom. We saw "The Secret Life of Bees". Cute movie...for a $5.50 matinee...it was okay. More importantly, I saw the trailer for "Marley & Me". I can't wait for that to come out at Christmas. I loved the book and movie looks hilarious!!!

Some walks this week with Sally and some with the dogs. I tried running last week and although it was painful on my legs and lungs, my ankle hardly ached at all. That's great news. Who knows, maybe I have one more marathon left in me.
We are off to Germany for a quick long weekend....it will be short but fun. We can pile alot of fun stuff in 48 hours!!!

Oh, I have been cooking since I stopped working...okay, I cooked twice. Friday night for Halloween I made Dick's favorite: pot roast with potatoes and carrots in my crock pot. It was delicious if I say so myself. Tonight I made myself a big pot of chili...it's my "go to" winter food...so easy to throw together and so good for you. Speaking of food, I have to give a shout out to Rachel from my book club...she made some awesome snacks for our monthly book club: the tastiest pumpkin soup I have ever had, delish cranberry relish and a double yummy blue cheese and nut hot dip...I'm sure I ate half the dish!!!! And then she sent me home with yummy spiced roasted pumpkin seeds. I've been munching on those seeds all week and just dreaming about that dip!!!
And last, but not least, unlike the last time I wasn't working, I've actually had quite a bit of creative energy lately. I am almost finished making all of my Christmas cards and I actually got out Halloween cards and am almost finished with Thanksgiving cards. Woo hoo!!!!!
Here's a few pics from the weekend:
Dick and the big scary dog!!!

My little boy is getting big...I am just so in love...he's so adorable and snuggly!!!
And here's a close up of Kimi, my beautiful big girl who's turning 1 this month. She is such a little prankster but is so adorable!!!


1 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am soo envious of your stay at home life! :-) Three cheers for the craft room - can I pay you to make MY xmas cards!?!? xo suze

 
design by suckmylolly.com